Sunday, September 8, 2013

19 weeks: what to wear?

photo taken last weekend


How on earth are we already at 19 weeks?!  This pregnancy has absolutely flown by.  Seriously.  With Charlotte I felt like every week took an eternity and with this one I'm shocked every time I realise another week has passed!


--Those not interested in maternity clothes resume reading at the bottom of the page.--

There isn't much to update except to say that I've nearly grown out of two pairs of maternity jeans. (Though I've  still only gained a pound or two. Odd.)  I swore I wouldn't buy more maternity clothes this time around amd instead only buy things I can also wear post-baby. I have loads of maternity clothes from my sisters-in-law and loads that I bought last time around but I've had give in and update a few items to keep things interesting.  

I'm currently living in these charcoal grey maternity leggings, this dress and this shirt (both non maternity but in larger sizes than I normally wear).  I can easily change it up by pulling a shirt on over the dress to make it look like more of a skirt or can switch things up by adding different cardigans, etc.  But honestly, I don't switch it up as often as I should.  The uniform is comfy as it is and I still feel like myself (which can be difficult to do in maternity clothes).  I also broke down and got another pair of maternity jeans, but hopefully they will get me through to the end!

The other maternity clothes issue I'm currently facing is what to wear for some solo gigs I have coming up.  I have loads of black that I wore for gigs throughout my last pregnancy, but I don't have anything fun and colourful that I can wear as a soloist.  (I sing, by the way.)  My current plan is to wear an empire waisted dress that I have and wear some sort of wrap to hide that I can't zip it up in the back (!).  But the more I think about that, the more I worry that I'll be more concerned about my wrap slipping than singing the right notes!  I could invest in a beautiful maternity gown (like but the thought of buying a dress I can only wear a few times is hard to swallow . . . even thought some of them are really tempting!


source


source
Other options would be to rent a dress, buy a used one, etc. but I don't know that I want to be bothered.  I'll probably end up dressing up a long skirt and dressy top (like this gorgeous one I bought to perform in when I was prego with Charlie) with some fun jewellery.  Any other ideas?


--Dad, you can resume reading here.--

The other big news is that we were able to move up the date for the gender scan!  We're setting aside any superstitions and accepted a date for Friday the 13th (ack!).  Jason and I are going to the appointment together.  I wish Charlie could come but she'll be in school!  We'll have to think of a fun way of telling her.  We keep telling her it could be a boy or a girl and but she still insists that the baby is a girl called Bee.  Jason and I both are thinking it may be a boy.  We'll find out who was right in less than a week!  We can't wait!

PS:  Here's what I was up to when I was 19 weeks along with Charlotte!

6 comments:

  1. I assume you are taking serious looks at names that begin with B, both boys and girls! Brynna is a fav of mine. And then there is always Beatrice, aka Bea.
    Julie in San Diego

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we are! Luckily Jason and I both like the name Beatrice/Bea! (Though I'm pretty sure Charlie is referring to the insect, not the traditional name! Haha!)

      Delete
  2. You look radiant and lovely, Bethie! As for the maternity clothes, I so feel your pain! I was surprised how I still needed clothes the second time around, due to different seasons of the year and different roles (working full time through my first pregnancy, then quit working early in my third pregnancy--second pregnancy was a miscarriage at 8 weeks.)

    For your solo dress I'm voting to just get something new you feel fabulous in and don't have to worry about slipping. Maybe plan on consigning it later?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanks, old friend! I would love to get something new and fabulous. Consigning it after is a good idea.
      I'm sorry to hear that you also had a miscarriage. I was just realising that it has been a year since my first one. It was actually this week last year that I lost it. I've been so distracted by this swollen belly, that I hadn't realised. Anyway, I'm sorry you had to go through that, but so happy that you have two healthy babes! xo

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I just put up a new post with the big gender reveal! Thanks for the reminder! ;)

      Delete